August 18, 2006

I'm baaaaack...

Ah, what a long strange trip it's been...

Actually, what a lazy relaxing chill it's been: pool, beach, pool, just hangin' out. Most days I couldn't even tell you the date or day of week w/out concentrating. I can see how easy it would be to get trapped in the fog, the miasma of summer days and unemployment, a lethal combination. I have set the alarm clock, I need my quiet morning coffee time. I achieved one goal, watching season 4 of 24. I've cleaned out half the kitchen cabinets, throwing away 43 plastic cups from kids meals and 71 boxes of stale crackers. No one is happy I combined the 38 partial boxes of cereal into 6 full boxes (Cheereatiecrunchchex, anyone?), but it all tastes the same when it's soggy in milk. Then there's the DAILY football practice, 2 hours searching the mass of identical helmets and jerseys tripping over each other for my very own future Hall of Famer -- oh there he is, on the bottom of the pile. Again. And my final excuse for not doing much at all: broke my right elbow falling off #1's skateboard, so this is the first day my left hand had any help with life's daily chores.

Another countdown begins: school starts next week! And I think I'm supposed to be looking for a, um, whatcha call it, a job (shudder).

1 comment:

twobuyfour said...

Well it's nice to know that you have set goals for yourself. Most of the unemployed who get dragged in to my work by their mother or girlfriend to fill out an application have probably not even watched HALF of 24's 4th season. I'm proud of you.

I'm also proud of your young football player! A new Bret Favre? LT? Marcus Allen? TO? Fridge? Remember when we played football as kids? We won the championship...oh, wait. You were on the losing team, huh? Well, remember when we beat you for the championship? Good times.