April 11, 2009

spring break

too cold* for a ton of outdoor activity, so this has been a laid-back hang around the house vacation... cleared off my desk for the first time in years, redid my bookshelves so I can actually find what I'm looking for (and watch the Padres while I'm looking), read a book and a 1/2, bought a new camera that has me utterly and totally confused, and now turning attention to some much-neglected blogs: added a new-found quote ...









I know it looks small and cluttered, but compared to the mess it used to be...





I don't know how I skipped this one in my love of all things Chabon, but finally read The Yiddish Policemen's Union -- liked it of course, although the Yiddish terms/slang had me confused for several chapters (I kept checking the back of the book for a glossary)... and then in keeping with the Passover week Jewish theme, started The Zookeeper's Wife which I didn't realize was nonfiction. It's a little slow so far, but interesting, and it's the San Diego "One Book One City" choice for 2009 so I'll keep going...
















*"too cold" means below 70 and cloudy in SoCal terms -- brrrrrr!

No comments: