December 16, 2009

Best of the Decade(s)

In order to warm up before deciding on the best songs and albums of 2009, and to give "shuffle" time to cycle through the 2000s playlist, I went back a few decades:

The 1950s
  1. "Bo Diddley" by Bo Diddley
  2. "Fever" by Peggy Lee
  3. "(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66" Nat King Cole
  4. "Great Balls of Fire" Jerry Lee Lewis
  5. "Johnny B. Goode" Chuck Berry
  6. "Lonely Teardrops" Jackie Wilson
  7. "(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock" Bill Haley & His Comets
  8. "That's All Right"* Elvis Presley
  9. "What's I Say" Ray Charles
  10. "You Send Me" Sam Cooke
*or is it "Alright"?

Songs are listed by year; no complicated formulas, sales figures, or critical/historical evaluation other than do i like it and will I continue to play the song?  Lists are in no way set in concrete, so if I forgot a tune that must be considered, let me know!

Ok, on to the '60s...

1 comment:

Mr. Nauton said...

when did Cash's "jackson" come out?